Friday, July 1, 2011

July goals

Time for me to establish my July goals...you may notice some familiar goals in here as some of my June goals that were not successfully completed are carrying over into July.  Feel free to skip these "goals" posts.  It really helps keep me accountable to myself which is why I'm putting them out there...

Photobucket
katiemiller.bigfolioblog.com
1.  Develop a timeline for Addie's first birthday party planning AND a budget!  I've already started picking some things up and thanks to this great momma, I already have the banner for Addie's party and the color scheme set.  I just really need to organize and put it all together...oh, and I need to set a budget!!

2.  Work-out at least 3 times a week  Ok..so if you read my last post here - you know where I have stood on this one for the past 2 months.  This is one of my busiest months at work so I know I'll be working late some nights so I hope this doesn't sabotage my goal here (see...see...look at me - already lining up my excuses for why I won't get it done - thats my problem!).

3.  Complete our pantry/mud room/laundry room - As long as our contractors cooperate, I feel certain we will make some great progress here and have an awesome shot at accomplishing this goal which would seriously make me SO happy.  I have NO storage room in my house and I'm hoping this will give me a chance to get better organized!

4.  Re-configure our side flower bed - I feel so bad for our neighbors.  We "put in" a lovely side flower bed complete with rose bushes, shrubs, and my favorite weeping cherry tree - as well as a rock walkway to the gate on the fence and because its out of sight and we have a little something that takes up a bit more of our time these days (love my girl:)) its been severely neglected.  And I don't have the time for all of the weed pulling it requires...so we need to do something similiar to what we did here and turn some of it back into "lawn" and leave a small portion as the actual flower bed!

5.  Clean out our drawers and closets - I didn't quite get around to sping cleaning this year but "better late then never," right?!  The hubs and I both have tons of clothes that never get worn not to mention all of my handbags that won't be necessary thanks to a diaper bag so I need to clean this stuff out and donate it to charity (and maybe for those nicer things...a blog sale?) and free up some drawer and closet space.

4 comments:

Kelli Kegley said...

You are so sweet!! Thank you for the shout out!

I went on a cleaning spree (seriously, you would have thought I was 34 weeks pregnant and nesting) and got rid of enough stuff to clean out one entire dresser. Crazy ridiculous that I had all that stuff! It made me feel so good to do it, that I am going to do it to every room.

Lindsey B said...

Good luck with your goals!

I think I might steal this idea and set monthly goals - I think it will help me feel productive to cross things off a "goals" list while we just sit around and wait for progress with Kate.

AMY said...

GREAT Idea for monthly goals!
I think I'll post something like that tomorrow.
Your lil girl is so Adorable!!!

Unknown said...

You go girl! Can you believe our sweet babies are almost 1?!!! Cant wait to see how the party turns out.