Tuesday, May 24, 2011

My momma suit and other summer related items

YAY!!  This weekend is Memorial Day weekend - the unofficial start to summer - and I'm ALMOST ready!!  I just LOVE this time of year - and after joining the pool this weekend, I had some items that still needed to be bought to prepare for the start of summer!  My first find was the momma suit that I scored from TJ Maxx.

And, thanks to TJ Maxx, I saved $87 - yes, I only paid $29.99 for this regularly priced $117 suit.  It's very comfortable to try on and I feel secure - like I don't think anything will pop out or over and I think even Addie's hands won't be able to pull anything down (only time will tell).  I actually got this suit in a sea green color (similar to the font color in the picture) thats vibrant and different from my standard black.

My next purchase was made online at J Crew (currently they are offering an additional 30% off their SALE items - and they do have a lot of mom suits in this category - and free shipping on $100+ orders) where I don't do a whole ton of shopping but their beach/pool stuff is very classy and pretty reasonably priced.  From there, I scored a pair of flip flops, 2 new fun tanks, a straw hat, and a beach bag.  At this point, you're likely wondering if I've ever been to a pool or the beach - I mean, who doesn't already have these things?!  Well, in the past - I was an early morning kind of beach/pool patron - get there with my ipod and a towel to get my tan and get out.  I didn't linger and take the salt air in - I was there for the SUN and the sun only...I'm changing my ways and really hoping to make much more of a social event out of going to the pool and the beach.  So...I figured I'd at least look the part to start with.


I had also picked up a cover-up from the LOFT when they had their bug 40% sale a few weeks back so I don't have to scare any innocent bystanders in the parking lot.

However, I am missing one....what I currently consider VERY IMPORTANT item...I don't have a towel for Addie!  I've found a few that are cute but I'm at a loss and was hoping I might be able to get some help or ideas from ya'll on my little...what I'll call...situation.  Most of the beach towels I'm finding are for toddlers and above and would be HUGE on Addie..fortunately I did find a couple of towels that could work but I'm undecided.  The first is from the letter tree and its a hooded towel in various animal ensembles.  I think the dolphin and turtle are super cute but I've never ordered from this company before, nor do I know anyone that has so I'm curious about the quality of their products.  Anybody out there ever used them?


The second is just the miniature beach towel from Pottery Barn Kids that doesn't have a hood but the need for a hood is part of my current internal debate.  I love Pottery Barn's stuff so I have no concerns about the quality - I just don't know if I need that darned hood or not.  So, I'm hoping ya'll might have some insight into what you've used that worked best, already bought, or great ideas you've heard of when it comes to the baby towels.  I know this seems SO trivial to be concerning myself with this but I'd like to get the towel right the first time...so I'm hoping with some advice and I can get there.

So, there you have it...everything beach/pool related thats going on in this little household in anticipation of the upcoming weekend - and....even better, I'm planning to be on vacation that week following...which makes this weekend extra exciting!

J

16 comments:

Ashley Paige said...

love that suit! i'm getting ready to order one off of JCrew right now thanks to a 20% off coupon that I found in their catalog today! (and a husband who can no longer put up with my sulking when it comes tom buying a mom-suit!) let me know what you hear about kiddie towels! my mom bought C one from the Disney Store (Mickey with a hood!) It looks pretty cute! We're headed to the beach in 2 weeks, so we'll find out shortly! haha!

Unknown said...

Loving the new suit and beach gear. Can't wait for the summer! Woohoo. I am so jealous you joined a pool. That will be so nice this summer.

Those towels are so cute but I did find with C that he outgrew his kid towels already. So I just bought adult sizes for him, so that way he can use them longer. You could always get the adult ones embroidered or something to make them cute and girly.

Natalie said...

I hadn't even thought about beach towels for the baby...so I'm no help there. Let me know what you decide! Super cute bathing suit...I have yet to try any of my old ones on so I have no idea if they fit or if I want to be seen in them LOL!

Samantha said...

Ok, that suit is super cute! And WHAT A BARGAIN! I am leaning towards the hooded towel... I mean, you don't have to use it, but it is there if you want it. And that towel is really adorable and fun!

momto2tweens said...

All that stuff is super cute! I love the kids towels those are adorable!

Lindsey said...

I ordered a towel for Connor for his Easter basket. Check out KidKovers.com You can personalize the towel and pick the fabric! I love that it is a regular bath towel so it is warm plus large enough he can grow into.

Lindsey said...

Oh, and somewhere else to look is Kohls. In the bath section they have character towels that are Frogs, Ducks, Pigs, etc. as hooded towels. Very vibrant colors and with a great sale can get them for maybe $10. If you want personalized then bring it to a local shop to do that.

Megan said...

Cute suit! And it doesn't scream mama suit at all :)

Umm, I love hooded towels for bath time, but if it's going to be a towel you're going to lay our for her to lay on or something, I think the hood would be in the way. So I don't know. Basically, I'm no help.

Joeylee said...

we did the same thing over the weekend getting the girls all ready for the pool (we have a pool at our house). We had the bathing suits and towels but they needed floaties. Mama still needs to find a bathing suit, I have a lot of two piece bathing suits but at the moment after having two kids I'm not really wanting to show off my stomach!!

Your bathing suit and accessories are adorable!

Naturally Caffeinated Family said...

You are going to look cu-ute at the pool and beach! yay for your weekend and upcoming vacation! can't wait to hear all about it :) We have one hooded towel for the boys for after baths and few baby hooded ones as well, now that I think about it, they are nice to have! :) It does make it easier to wrap them in a hoody towel to stay warm and dry and it'll stay on them better too when they're old enough to stand up while waiting to put on their clothes :)

Melissa at Tall Blonde Blog said...

Great suit! I love it! I'm a fan of the hooded towels and Pottery Barn Kids! Enjoy your vacation! Yay for summer!

Kelli Kegley said...

Love the suit! I'm headed to Macy's tommorow for their memorial day sale and tj maxx is my 2nd stop!

I'm getting Connor the hooded pb towel. It might be a little big, but it will last longer. I want a hood so that when I carry him it won't fall off of him. You could always do a trial run with a normal bath towel and a hooded bath towel :)

Cajun Cowgirl said...

Looks like you're ready! Love the suit! Have a great time and (like you need to be reminded) take lots of pics!

Anonymous said...

Like everyone else, I LOVE that suit!! It looks like it will be very secure for lifting and carrying a baby ;)
One thing I love bringing to the beach/pool is a big cooler! One thing I love doing is cubing up an entire water melon, packing sandwiches and water bottles and spending the entire day in the sun.

This year I think we'll be spending a lot of time in our backyard on the deck and playing in the kiddy pool and sprinkler waiting for baby #3 to arrive :)

Annie said...

I like the hooded towels because they stay on them better than regular towels (and they're darn cute).

Melissa: Write it in Lipstick said...

that is a cute bathing suit. i have one that I love but I do not feel secure I adjust the boobage area fulltime.