Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Happy 7 month birthday Addie!

PhotobucketWow - another month has flown by - I can't believe my baby girl is already 7 months old!!!  I knew time would fly by - I just didn't know it would happen this fast.  The hubs and I constantly comment to each other how quickly she is growing up and how she is really starting to look like her own little person (and depending on which side of the family you ask - a different response as to whether its me or the hubs - personally, I think she's a solid blend:))  I fall more and more in love with this little girl with each passing minute and I just can't believe how lucky I am to be her momma!!

What she's wearing - Addie has pretty much outgrown all of her 3-6 month clothing, with the exception of some Carter's stuff (has anyone else noticed how much larger their stuff is??) and is wearing a lot of 6-12 or 9 month outfits.  I am so excited that we are slowly transitioning to a permanent pattern of warmer weather - I have so many adorable little warm weather outfits that I can't wait for her to wear.  Not to mention the six (yes, I said six) bathing suits (I know its excessive...even for a beach town) she also has to wear.  Her cloth diapers are still on the second set of snaps and she is still doing well without extra liners at night.

Photobucket
Eats - Addie is still eating about 4 - 6 oz. bottles a day and still nursing for her first feed in the morning.  I pump during the day but am finding that my supply is not completely keeping up with her demand so some days we are supplementing with a bottle of formula.  She is now eating two - three meals of solids a day and she also enjoys the puffs now (which are good to keep her occupied in the morning while I'm trying to pump).  We just introduced some mixed fruits and veggies (pumpkin - bannana and sweet potato-corn-apple) this weekend with a little thicker texture and she didn't seem phased by it at all.  Other than the puffs, this girl is NOT a picky eater:)   This month I also introduced her to prunes (these made my stomach turn so we only did them once), peaches, and zucchinni (we had already done peas, apples, pears, bananas, sweet potatoes, pumpkin, winter squash, carrots, and rice cereal).  At her 6 month check-up the dr encouraged us to start letting her get little tastes from our plate so she has had "tastes" of a few things like sweet potato pie and collard greens - she really thought she was big time!

PhotobucketMoves - Still no crawling yet, but I really feel like she is on the verge and I'll be very surprised if she doesn't get it figured out by the end of the month.  She rolls all over the place which has made for lots of fun when it comes time to change diapers and outfits and trying to keep her contained to a blanket on the floor for tummy time(I guess thats what we are supposed to be calling it until they start crawling).  Addie also adores spending time in her johnny jump-up and her exersauser.

Gummy grins and more to say - Addie absolutely adores her daddy and it is so cute to seem them play together.  She loves playing with her toys (she really loves her play laptop and the Einstein bendy ball) and stuffed animals (including the must have dog, Violet) and still adores our 2 pups.  We also have BIG news in the speech department - Addie said "ma -ma" for the first time this month and has been saying it quite a bit since.  I just fall to pieces every time I hear it and she gets so excited when you repeat it back to her.  Almost as if she's thinking "yes, finally - we are speaking the same language!"  Still no da-da...but hopefully it will come soon! 

PhotobucketOut and about - We celebrated Addie's first Easter this month and it was so special.  I just love being a family of three and Addie is the first grand baby on both sides she is just made over ALL.THE.TIME:) 

Counting sheep - Addie sleeps great at night!  We usually put her down around 8pm and she usually gets up around 6:30ish.  We are so incredibly thankful for her sleeping through the night - it certainly makes everyone alot happier!  We did have one rough week this month when Addie came down with her first cold:(  She woke up a bit more often at night because she couldn't suck on her paci and breath through her nose which upset her terribly.  There is nothing more upsettling than having a sick baby at home!  But, she has fully recovered and seems no worse for the wear:)

I suppose it is time to start planning her 1st birthday party to avoid as much stress as possible but perhaps I'm being a bit overzealous here too!!  I just really hate hearing the words, "we'll if you had asked a month ago, I might have been able to..."  Seriously ya'll does this make me crazy...am I starting too early??

J
Photobucket

16 comments:

Natalie said...

Happy 7 Months Addie!

Unknown said...

Happy 7 Months! She is getting so big and is such a pretty little girl. Planning a 1 year old party is so much fun! You are going to love it!!!

Amber said...

Happy 7 months to your sweet girl!

Ashley Paige said...

Aw, Happy 7 Months sweet babe! She is just PRECIOUS!!

Joeylee said...

Happy 7 months Addie. She sounds like she is doing great! She is adorable. I don't think it's to early to start getting ideas for her birthday!

Faulkner Photography said...

Happy 7 mo. Addie! Time flies doesnt it momma! And its never to early to start thinkin of her birthday bash :)

Tami said...

Happy 7 months Addie!

Beach Bum & Baby said...

The title of this confused me when I was reading it this morning. 7 months? No. No way. Not even.

Ahhhh how are our kids growing up SO fast!!

She is just more and more precious everyday, J. I am so thrilled to be a part of her life - she is growing by leaps and bounds and I love every bit of her and her little personality!!! (Big personality?) xoxo

p.s. Maybe our next Friday dinner should be a planning meeting on Birthday stuff. I feel SO behind (and yes we are both insane in the membrane)

Happiness Is... said...

She is precious!!! I don't know where the time goes. My maternity leave ends Monday and I can't believe that stage of my life came and went like that. I am so nervous about pumping and trying to keep up with breastfeeding, but I know it will all be fine once we get into a routine. I was so encouraged to see you are still doing so much of it at 7 months - that is great!

Samantha said...

ADORABLE! Happy 7 months Addie! And NO, you are right on with starting the party planning already... I am! Love to be prepared, right?

Erin said...

I would start planning. :) Loved hearing about her. I am new to your blog.

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

She is beautiful!! Enjoy this time with her. :) Thanks for the visit!

Ashley said...

Happy birthday, she's adorable! If you're crazy I'm crazy because I have planned birthday parties up until the age of 3!

Megan said...

Awww, Addie is just way too cute! It sounds like she's doing wonderfully, and y'all are such great parents :)

I keep thinking I need to start thinking about the big birthday party too...but not really sure where to start.

Kelli Kegley said...

Happy 7 months pretty girl! I agree about the Carter clothes.. they are huge!

Kate Clower said...

I love your blog and I love finding blogging mommies with babies around the same age as mine! Mine just turned 9 months, but I admittedly started planning for her first birthday when she turned 8 months - you are not alone!