Monday, July 18, 2011

Bye - Bye Baby Weight - Week 3

Photobucket
Linking up with Tami over at "Little Moments Like This" for my third week of "Bye Bye Baby Weight."  If you're working towards the same goal you should definitely join in the fun - I really feel like this is doing a much better job of holding me accountable for my fitness goals than doing fitness as a monthly goal!!

This Week’s Loss/Gain: +2 lbs. - tears
Total Weight Lost: 24 lbs
Weight to Go: 26 lbs

Food:  Other than a Saturday dinner out and some cheese and cracker munchies on Sunday, I felt food-wise I had a good week.  I ate mostly salads for lunch and the hubs and I did ok with our dinner selections.  My hubs has class two nights a week so those nights are always a struggle when it comes to meal selections!  I really need to incorporate breakfast into my daily routine.  I never have anything but coffee for breakfast and I know it is important to get your metabolism going in the morning to keep your body from going into "starvation mode" and hoarding calories.    

Fitness: Here is the day-by-day breakdown.  As you'll see below, I played my FIRST round of golf (or rather 1/2 round - we only played 9 holes) on Sunday.  We walked the entire 9 holes (partly because I'm too cheap to pay for a cart) and it was wonderful exercise...it equates to about 2 1/2 miles of walking with clubs on your back for the course we play.


Week 2:

Monday -
nothing

Tuesday - nothing
Wednesday - nothing
Thursday - Day 2 of Week 1 of Couch to 5k
Friday - nothing
Saturday - Day 3 of Week 1 of Couch to 5k - Week 1 completed
Sunday - walked and played 9 holes of golf

Last Week’s Goals:
- Work out 3 times this week
- Only have dessert twice this week
- Drink more water and no soda

This Week’s Goals-

- Work out three times this week - It is supposed to get blazing hot at the end of this week so looks like I'll be dragging my tail to the gym later in the week!  I'd really like to get Week 2 of Couch to 5k finished this week!
- Only have dessert twice this week - This was so tough for me last week but I did it.  I even denied myself one the lovely cupcakes pictured here for this chica's 30th birthday celebration
- Drink more water and no soda! - This is still hard for me so I'm going to continue to make this a weekly goal until it becomes habit.  I've never been a big water drinker so I have to keep reminding myself to drink water!!!

I have to admit...after meeting all of my weekly goals and really feeling like I had a wonderful week and should have shed some pounds...I was completely disheartned at what the scale told me last night.  How do you gain weight when you've done everything you've set out to do to lose it?  Fortunately, this isn't my first rodeo...I know this all takes time and by looking at last week...when I lost weight...I probably should have gained so I guess it all comes full circle.  That being said, I'm really going to push myself to continue to choose healthier options and work-out regularly.  Perhaps loading all of work-outs on the back end of the week didn't help at my weekly weigh in either!!  Thanks so much for all of your words of encouragement and support.  It's funny how posting about this really can be the motivation some nights to get off my duff and get a work-out in or refuse that delicious cupcake that's calling my name!!!

J

9 comments:

Natalie said...

Keep up the good work girl..I know you'll do it! You're one dedicated gal :)

Kelly said...

I can't remember if you mentioned this before on your water intake. What I did to help myself with that is bought a 32 oz bottle and challenge myself to empty it 4 times a day. Once I started drinking out of that, it became SO much easier.

Btw- your post about free-range organic chicken inspired me to buy some at the store and I'm SO glad I did. It tastes great!!!

Mrs EyeCanSee said...

Congrats on making your goals!! It's always a bummer when you feel so good and the scale doesn't reflect it, but keep it up!

Heather said...

I'm doing Couch to 5K too, and I totally gained my first week and a half. I think it's muscle, because by Week 3, I started losing. Keep up the good work!

Tami said...

You did a great job meeting all of your goals this week! I HATE when I do great all week and then have a gain. Hang in there girl- I'm positive you will have a great loss next week!

Happiness Is... said...

You are doing great!

You should weigh yourself first thing in the morning naked - that will ensure it is always accurate and comparable. Adults can fluctuate 5-7 pounds within a day based on so much stuff, so weighing yourself at the end of the day is a losing battle (you've been eating, drinking, etc).

Raven said...

Ugh. I would never link up to this because I have SO FAR TO GO in my baby weight loss. SO annoying.

Beach Bum & Baby said...

You are rocking it girl!! Don't even look at those numbers - how do you feel? With water weight, periods, just being a girl - our weight can fluctuate SO much!!!
I will say though I cannot believe you passed up a birthday cupcake... :)

But in all seriousness you are doing awesome!! I'm still gyming (and have been doing more weigh training) so anytime you want to meet me just let me know!!!

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good hard work it will come off! I really need to do this and maybe it will help me to keep accountable to my WL I started but it never really has happened.