Wednesday, April 27, 2011

What I'm Loving Wednesday - Royal Wedding Style

I'm linking up today with Jamie for "What I'm Loving Wednesday!"  

So, I must admit, this week I am asbolutely loving all of the coverage and excitement about the upcoming nuptials of Prince William and Kate Middleton.  I think they are such a beautiful couple and seem so happy.  It's got me thinking what I would have to have if it were my wedding day again - styles have changed SO much in just three short years that the look would be entirely different.  While I won't be up at 4am to watch the coverage (or will I??), I will be recording it so that I can watch the whole thing!!  So for this Wednesdays, "What I'm loving Wednesday" I'm sharing everything wedding that I'm loving:

the bride:
J Crew now makes wedding dresses and I just love their line.  My bridesmaids dresses were from J Crew but at the time they didn't have any wedding gowns.  However, while looking over their site a few days, I eyed this beauty of a gown that I just love!

And, I highly recommend an up-do on the wedding day because I was SO hot and having my hair off my neck totally helped - so I just adore this up-do that I found at theknot.com:

the bridesmaid's dress:
Here is the bridesmaid dress (also from J Crew) that I just think is adorable and I love the grey-blue color!
the flowers:
For the bridal bouquet and a smaller version for the bridesmaids, I just love these lily of the valley flowers. They are so simple yet elegant - drool...courtesy of theknot.com

And here are some beautiful centerpiece ideas I spotted on theknot.com
Love these peonies...
And I just think this is adorable for chair/pew decorations:
the food:
I love the presentation of appetizers and because I would rather eat 10 small meals during the day then 3 big ones - I love heavy appetizers and stations for weddings.

the cake:
I found this cake on theknot.com and I just loved its simple yet playful style.  The cake is one of my favorite parts of any wedding (hello, sweet tooth)

While looking at the cakes, I also found this awesome little idea.  Instead of tossing the bouquet, serve each of your single friends a mini cake like the one pictured below(one of which has a ring inside it).  Whoever ends up with the cake with the ring in it is said to be the next to marry.

So, there's a sneak peak into all things wedding that I'm loving right now in honor of the royal wedding!!
J

15 comments:

Samantha said...

CUTENESS! I totally agree on food, we had apps and stations for our wedding, delish! I'm recording the coverage too!

Natalie said...

I know I'm exciting about watching it too! I love all the wedding stuff you posted about...it's so fun to look at wedding stuff and think what you would do now.

Joeylee said...

I love it all. love the peonies and that updo is really pretty

Leah @ Everyday Love said...

Love all the wedding stuff you posted, makes me want to plan my wedding all over again!

Beach Bum & Baby said...

Ahhhh I love all of this! I actually sent A a picture of that dress last year with a caption along the lines of "I need you to buy this since I can't" (you know since we were both preg then!) :) I can't wait to watch it!!

Katie said...

You got me thinking about wedding stuff again and I just got married a few short months ago (October!)

I am so excited about the Royal Wedding! I just love Kate Middleton- she is so classy!

Kit said...

Great things you are loving today! Hope you have a wonderful Wednesday! I just love wedding stuff too!

Tami said...

I haven't watched a lot of the wedding coverage but I do think they are such an adorable couple and I can't wait to see how they look on the big day.

Greer's Gossip said...

Love all those wedding pictures, I can't wait for the royal wedding! :)

Kelly said...

it's so much more enjoyable looking at the fun wedding planning stuff when you dont have to stress out about putting it all into your big day!

Mrs EyeCanSee said...

Love JCrew's wedding collection! I remember lusting over it a few years ago when planning my own wedding.

momto2tweens said...

You can design my renewal of vows any day! Gorgeous pics! My 15 year anniversary is this summer wouldn't be so awesome to get to do it all over again? I am pretty sure my taste now would be VERY different than when I was 18!

Bec@littlelucylu said...

What a fun post!
This is awesome!!!
~Bec :-)

Kelli Kegley said...

umm hello wedding planner! What great ideas. Love the jcrew dress. Rumor is my sister in law is just telling us to get navy dresses and if that is true, I am getting mine from jcrew!

Unknown said...

What pretties! That is actually the same picture I took to my wedding cordinator of that cake. Love it!