I've linked up with Amanda over at Serenity Now for the weekend blog party read!! Hop over and join in on the fun:)
|Addie and her duck|
Product name: Wubbanub Pacifier
Price: $9.99 at Babies R Us
Easy to clean: Yes and No. The stuffed animal on the end is easy to clean by just throwing it through the wash. But, then you have to clean the paci end, and of course, because of the stuffed animal, you can't sterilize:(
Success or Failure: Huge success!!
Age she started using it: 6 weeks
Age she stopped using it: Still going strong at 6 1/2 months
Pros: Addie seriously adores these little pacis. She gets so excited about them, and has to have hers before she goes to bed at night. I love that they have the stuffed animal on the end for a couple of reasons:
* Once Addie gained control of her hands she no longer needs us to give her the paci back in the middle of the night because she can always find the stuffed animal
* Due to their size, they don't easily fall out of the crib and they are hard to lose and easy to find in a diaper bag
* It provides that "security" feel because she can hold onto and pull the stuffed animal against her chest
* It's so darn cute to see her with what looks like a stuffed animal hanging out of her mouth
* Some mornings I find her awake and playing with the stuffed animal in her crib.
Prior to purchasing the wubbanubs, we lost pacis ALL.THE.TIME and those things start to add up. These obviously cost way more than a normal paci but I'm pretty sure we've made our money back.
Cons: Like I noted above, you can't really sterilize these things like I'd like to and they are much easier to throw across the room with the stuffed animal on the end. In hind sight, we may have waited until Addie was about 2 or 3 months to start using them - it may have been a little early at first. But, from the beginning she has loved the stuffed animal.
Other info: These pacis come in all different kinds of stuffed animals. We have two ducks (go figure, right:)) and two elephants but they are all adorable. It is a soothie paci on the end so if you're baby isn't a fan of that type of paci, this probably won't be a good fit. Also, I'm VERY sensitive to the SIDS issue (scares me to death) and Addie doesn't have any extras in her crib. But, pacifiers are shown to reduce the risk of SIDS and the stuffed animal, in my opinion, isn't big enough that she could smother her face in it. So, we're ok with putting her down with it at night, although I did have some reservations at first.
Would I buy again or buy for a friend? Yes - we love these and thankfully because they are so big we have managed to not lose any of the 4 we bought when Addie was 6 weeks old. They also make adorable shower gifts!