Friday, April 15, 2011

Little Green Monsters...

Yes, these little green monsters have decided to take up residence in my home and demand attention from Addie and I this week :(  Uugghh, this is Addie's first cold and although its bad to have a sick baby...it's worse when momma is sick too!  Im still BF so my selection of medications is minimal and because I'm a first-time mom, I'm scared to take anything.  So, we are doing as much "natural" stuff as we can - humidifiers, steam showers, and snot sucking (sorry, I know thats not the most pleasant way to say that).  My little girl has been in the best of spirits despite these unwelcome house guests and has really only had one rough night, where she was up every 3 hours because she couldn't breathe through her nose and wasn't quite ready to give up the paci that helps soothe her at night so that she could breathe through her mouth.  She actually seems to be handling it better than I but then again she is sleeping during the day and I am only sneaking in a 30 minute nap at lunch (oh yes, closing the door to my office-turning the lights out-curling up on my couch style).  I'm hopeful we are on the mend and will be much better by the weekend.

Also, thanks to everyone for the sweet comments yesterday about my papa - it really meant alot to me.  I apologize for not keeping up all my blog reading and commenting - I miss it and hope to be rid of these unwelcome guests by the weekend!

J

And because, I don't want that ugly green monster to be the only picture on this post - here's a pic of my girl enjoying some bananas from last week:

9 comments:

Natalie said...

I hope you guys feel better soon! :)

Natalie said...

Maybe this will make you feel better...you are awarded "The Versatile Blogger"
http://fromcorporatetodomestic.blogspot.com/2011/04/you-like-meyou-really-like-me_15.html

:)

Laura @ My Thoughts-Uninterrupted said...

Hope ya'll feel better soon!

Kelli Kegley said...

Oh no! Let me share a little secret that has kept me from getting sick in over a year...Zicam! It is awesome. As soon as you start feeling sick, start taking it. It has always worked for me and you can use it while you are pregnant because it is all natural :) also the neti pot for you, saline mist for sweet thing and wedge pillows for both!! Oh and I'm an avid nose strip user when I sleep (when I'm sick that is). They aren't attractive, but they work!

Hope you feel better soon!

Tiny Ocean said...

YUCK! I just ventured down this same road last week with LL...and it wasn't pretty. She HATED to have her nose messed with. That Little Noses spray worked wonders to loosen up the yucky stuff and the nose frieda just sucked it all out. She didn't mind the spray (it doesn't sting, I tried it) But hated every sec of the nose frieda, but so worth her being able to breath.

Cajun Cowgirl said...

Hope you guys are all better soon!

So your little one likes those teething food mashers? I tried with mine but he wasn't a fan. I might have started him too late with it.

Cole said...

Aww! I hope you both feel better!

Raven said...

Aww sick babies are always the worst, however I always say that the best thing about it is that they are extra extra cuddly!

I also take my kids to a naturopathic doctor. I am all about the natural meds and methods.

Beach Bum & Baby said...

I KNEW she would love that mesh teether - what a happy duckie!! :)

And girl, I have been hopped up on some allergy meds myself - I hope y'all feel better soon - being sick with a baby (and a baby who doesn't feel well) is the absolute pits. :(