Sunday, April 17, 2011

Happy Sunday and a blog award!

happy sunday!!!

Wow...hard to believe (for me anyways) that I've been blogging for a month now.  I have had such a blast this past month writing about happenings in my household, giving my honest opinion on things that have and haven't worked for us, sharing recipes and laughs and special memories.  I've already met (virtually, of course:)) SO many wonderful people and I'm absolutely loving the little community I feel I'm starting to become a part of.

So, I was thrilled when I received my first bloggy award from my blog twin, Natalie over at From Corporate to Domestic.  She's a wonderful momma to a beautiful little boy named Nolan, and recently made the switch from the corporate world to being a stay at home mom (smart girl - I still clearly haven't figured that out;)) and is loving it.  She has a great sense of humor, writes about real stuff, and I'm SO glad to have her as a bloggy friend!  If you haven't been over to check out her blog, you seriously should!!!

So, the rules of the award are: share 7 things about yourself and hand out the award to 15 more people.  So, I'm hoping to follow Natalie's lead and pass this award along to 5 of my favorite blogs, because I'm still new (I can say that for like the first year I'm blogging, right?!)

7 Things About Me:

1.  I often mess up the pronunciation of words - to my friend's and family's humor and often my embarrassment.  I still can't say the word Asiago correctly.  I pronounce it: ah-sodge-e-o and the lady at Starbucks no longer asks me to repeat it when ordering my asiago bagel - she knows what I mean now;)  I also made the mistake of pronouncing vlog as V - log (with strong emphasis on the V) so now, every time I see my friend Lis, she asks how my B - logging is going.  There are countless other examples, I won't bore you with all of those but those are the most recent.

2.  I was president of my sorority in college - Yes, so for all of those non-greek people, not only did I pay for my friends but then I also went to work for them!

3.  I am OBSESSED with Trader Joes! - I've even thought about doing some blog posts of my favorite items but I know Trader Joes isn't in every city in the country so I hate to bore anyone with details about a grocery store they've never been into.  But seriously, I go once a week even though I pass at least 10 other grocery stores to get there!

4.  My hubs and I's grandparents went to high school together.  Can you say, arranged marriage?  Ha!  Not really, we didn't realize all of this until after we had been dating for some time but my grandfather and his grandmother went to the same high school and knew each other, and his grandmother and my grandmother were also BEST FRIENDS growing up (yes, lived just a few houses apart).  We have lots of other examples like that between our two families, weird to say the least!

5.  I want to have 3 kids.  The hubs says 2, but I think he's warming up to the idea of 3.  I thought I wanted 3 before we had Addie and now that she's here, I KNOW I want 2 more - I absolutely LOVE being a momma - and my hubs is a great father.  But, no worries, I'm not prego now - we are going to give it a couple of years between!

6.  I love looking at houses!  Perhaps I should have been a real estate agent, because the hubs and I can spend hours driving through neighborhoods talking about houses we like and don't like and looking online at houses for sale and what they have going on inside.  We love our little house but if #5 comes true, we will outgrow our humble abode, and so we often talk about our "forever home" and what neighborhood we want to buy in and what we want our house to look like.  I'm a serious sucker for colonial or craftsman style homes with an OPEN layout inside!

7. I love my job in the corporate world.  Not that some days I don't long to stay home with my girl, well, every day but I really do like what I do.  I'm a CPA (certified public accountant) but I don't do taxes (not even my own, thank you Turbo Tax) - you see why I saved that for #7 (I figured a large majority of ya'll would stop reading right there - promise, I'm not boring, don't have a pocket protector, or thick glasses;))  I work in the Corporate Accounting department for a VERY old company whose culture is evolving and its nice to be where I am.

And, of course, I'm handing out awards to these 5 bloggers, who are also first-time mommy's like myself.  Go check out their blogs, I promise you won't be disappointed (do I sound like a used car salesman, yet?!)!!

1.  Nap Time is the New Happy Hour - The title of this blog got me first - I mean, could it be more true:)  Cheryl, is a darling momma, to precious Little C, and blogs about all sorts of wonderful things about managing your household (awesome organization ideas from this post), all things baby, and sees the humor in life!

2.  The Kegley Family - Kelli, over at the Kegley Family has the most adorable little boy, named Connor, who recently celebrated his first birthday (get some great birthday party ideas from this post).  She does a wonderful job of sharing everything going on with Connor and in their home and is always full of great ideas and suggestions!!

3.  Adventures with Gwen - Samantha, who is momma to an absolutely beautiful little girl named Gwen gets a good laugh out of life, loves her family, and shares all of her household happenings with a bit of humor thrown in!  You should def. read about her crazy run in with jury duty a few weeks ago!!

4.  Traci's Trip through Life - Traci was one of the first people to welcome me to the blog world and I just adore her blog.  She is the proud momma to a precious baby girl named Hadley and shares it ALL!  Seriously, she is one of the most open and honest blogs I read and I can so relate to so much of what she blogs about.  She recently started on a "get those pregnancy pounds off" workout plan is doing awesome, see her latest post for an update.  

5.  My Thoughts - Uninterrupted - Laura is a wonderful momma to a baby boy named Ethan and takes him to all sorts of fun places, including a funny story about a trip to "Mule Day," and I can totally relate to her post about "Things I said I'd never own."  She has a fun-loving approach to life and is a veteran blogger:)

Thanks again Natalie for the award!!  Happy Sunday:)

J

7 comments:

Natalie said...

Great job blog twin! Hope you have a great Sunday!

Elizabeth said...

How fun! Congrats on the blog award! :)

Laura @ My Thoughts-Uninterrupted said...

Congrats and thanks for passing on the love!

Samantha said...

Congrats, and THANK YOU! How sweet are you?!?! You were the first non-family/friend (although we are now blog friends) follower... and I love reading your blog as well! You would have NO idea that you have only been blogging a month! You seem like such a pro. I'm glad that we have "met" lol and look forward to reading more about beautiful Addie. :)

Kelli Kegley said...

How sweet are you?!?! Thank you so much!!! And I agree with Samantha.. you would NEVER know you have only been blogging a month!!!

Unknown said...

Thanks for the award!! :)
Hope you guys had a great weekend!

Megan said...

Yup, I decided I needed to become a follower :)

I'm SO jealous you have a trader joes!! My closest one is 7 hours away. I have some strange obsession with grocery stores and I really really wish we had a TJs. Enjoy it enough for me, ok!!
And I love looking at houses too!