Monday, August 29, 2011

The dead tree stands....thankfully!!

First...let me start by thanking everyone for all of their sweet comments and prayers....they worked!!!  Not only is my neighbor's dead tree still standing but we managed to get through the storm and keep power the WHOLE time....whoa, I never in my wildest dreams thought that was a possibility.  We were VERY fortunate in that we really have nothing to show for a Category 1 hurricane barreling through our area...a few very small branches in our yard and some pine straw.  We have no idea how or why we got so lucky but are SO thankful we did as we know millions up and down the east coast did not fare as well.  My thoughts and prayers go out to all of those whose lives have been affected by this horrible storm.  I can only hope that recovery from this storm will be swift and painless.

My blogging will continue to be sporadic as we decided to head out to Charleston for a shortened vacation with the fam - I hesitate to blog about that because I'm a worrier...BUT don't even think about touching my house....a large burly man and his little friend are watching it.  OOHH...and 90% of my neighbors are retired so we've got neighborhood watch like whoa.

J

13 comments:

-Lauren said...

So glad! We were spared also, well except for a 24hr power outage. Have a fun trip :)

Jessica said...

So glad the hurricane didn't do any damage to your area.

Please give us(or me:-) a full report on Charleston- or just must dos or must eats!. We are going there in a couple weeks for a extended weekend. I haven't been since I was little.

Have a great time

Joeylee said...

glad to hear your safe!

Unknown said...

Glad to see you all are safe. Hope you get to go on your vaca.

Raven said...

yay for the tree not taking a nap on your roof! Glad you are all safe.

Don't worry about me over here on the northwest, I'm fine. Nothing interesting ever happens to us over here. Except for snakes.

Mrs EyeCanSee said...

Glad you're all safe and sound! Enjoy your mini-vacay!

Our Happy Married Life... said...

glad you are all ok. have a blast on vacation. that sounds so good right now!

Madison's Mommy said...

YAY...glad you all are OK and the dead tree is still standing! Enjoy your little mini getaway...sending prayers for safe travels!! Can't wait to see some pics from the little vacay ;-)

XOXO

Jaime said...

so glad you are all ok! :)

Anonymous said...

glad to know y'all are safe!

Samantha said...

Glad you guys are safe and sound! Enjoy your vacation! Can't wait to see pics!

Jennifer S. said...

So glad you all are ok! Have fun on your trip!

Paige said...

Ha...you are a worrier like me! OUr neighbors are retired too and always looking out for our house. I love that. Have fun!