Thursday, June 23, 2011

It's the simple things...

I love reading blogs...its therapeutic and relaxing for me...and helps inspire me.  Last week, I came across Jesslyn Amber's blog - which is simply amazing by the way - and found a wonderful link-up that I wanted to join in on.  The idea is so refreshing - list the simple things in life you are appreciating and link-up.  I have been so lucky with my lot in life and I really have so much to appreciate but here are some of the things I really appreciated this week:

I appreciate...the delicious crab cakes made by my daddy

I appreciate...my daughter's exploration of the world around her 

I appreciate...cucumbers, onions, and squash fresh from the garden

I appreciate...the smell of gardenias that have just been cut

I appreciate...the days we don't smell the smoke from the NC wildfires

I appreciate...heartwarming news (hi E!)

I appreciate...being called an aunt to my closest friends babies

I appreciate...the sound of bugs on a hot summer's eve



The Simple Things

13 comments:

Lucy The Valiant said...

Oh, I love this!

Laura @ My Thoughts-Uninterrupted said...

This is such a great idea. Sometimes we get too caught up in other things and the good stuff passes us by.

Sara said...

This is a great list. However, the smoke from the wildfires here? Is not great. Tuesday was horrible- we couldn't even be outside :-(

Unknown said...

I know what you mean about smelling smoke from wildfires. New Mexico is all up in smoke, and it's nice to step outside and not smelling smoke for even a few minutes!

Happy Thursday!

Paige said...

LOVE this!

Dirt On The Rocks said...

crab cakes sound absolutely delicious. summer is definitely here i can here crickets everywhere.

Heather H said...

Great idea! And great list!

Samantha said...

OMG! I LOOOOOVEEE this! Simple, and perfect. Wow, seriously, this was REFRESHING!

Beach Bum & Baby said...

Great post Auntie J!!! We love you and miss you!!! I feel like we haven't seen y'all in years!!!

Jennifer S. said...

I love this idea! I think I might have to try it soon. Love your list, so sweet!

Natalie said...

Love this post...and if you were my IRL friend I would call you aunt to my baby! :) Sometimes we have to stop and smell the roses...I mean gardenias!

Kristen said...

I love this and want to link up next week! What a great reminder. Have you read, "1000 gifts" yet?

Thanks for your visit on our blog! Your sweet comments made me smile and I am so glad we found each other! I look forward to many more visits here!

Kristen
threeinthenest.blogspot.com

Jesslyn Amber said...

Oh my gosh! Thank you so much for the sweet words! You made me smile so big!

You're list is so great. I loove everything on it! Fresh garden veggies and the sounds of bugs during the summertime is the BEST!

And, I think being called "aunt" by friend's babies is so heartwarming. My best friend refers to me as "Aunt Amber" and I can't wait until her little boy catches on to that.

Thank you sooo much for linking up with me! :)