So May has come to an end...and it's time for me to fess up on how I did on my May goals!
1. Get our flower beds mulched - The hubs and I have been talking about and planning to do this for several weeks now and my flower beds still have faded mulch in them. This HAS to be done this month. - DONE!!! However, I must admit - we chose the easy way out and had someone else spread it for us - it wasn't that much extra and with everything else going on - we figured if we wanted it done we needed some help!
2. Clean out and organize our guest room - What a disaster this room has been since before Addie was born. While cleaning out what was to be the nursery (it was previously our home office) this room somehow became the catch-all room for everything we didn't have a place for. I can't live with this room like this any longer - I practically break my neck everytime I venture in there. - You can thank my sister-in-law for this!!! Thankfully, she came and spent a weekend with us which forced me to get this room in order - I smile every morning when I look in and the room is in order instead of a resembling some sort of death trap!
3. Enjoy EVERY.DAY of the Starbucks happy hour promo - Yep - I'm making it a goal to treat myself to a delicious half price frappuccino everyday between May 6th and the 15th. And just to spice it up a little bit, I'm going to step out of my comfort zone and try a different flavor each day (yeah, all those ones on the menu I always wondered about - its time to sip and see:)) - UUMM yea, I definitely hit this on the head. YAY! me :) Here are the days and flavors I tried:
5/6 - Java chip - i think i got a bad barista on this one - the chocolate syrup was a little too obvious but otherwise would have been great (my hubs also got this one but at a different sbux and said it was amazing)
5/7 - Coconut Mocha - heaven in a cup - tastes like a somoa girl scout cookie - my fave
5/8 - Caramel - the perfect caramel-coffee blend
5/9 - Coconut Creme - just like coconut creme pie - perfect for summer
5/10 - Double Chocolaty Chip - not quite a chocolate milkshake but the chocolate chips make up for the differential
5/11 - White Chocolate Mocha - yum, just right
5/12 - Strawberries and Creme - very close to a strawberry milkshake
5/13 - Cinnamon Dolce - ever been interested in a liquid cinnamon bun
5/14 - Vanilla Bean - this tastes just like a vanilla milkshake
5/15 - Mocha Light - after my calorie counting started yesterday - I went light today to try and stay within my goal (alot of my venti fraps were costing me around 500 calories a pop!) - not too shabby
4. Go to the gym 3 times a week - As I've said before, I'm easing into this whole "getting back to where I was before" business and I'm really trying not to do a complete 180 right away. My past experience with myself is that I'm super gung-ho at first and than just like a firework I fizzle out to nothing. Thats no good - considering I want this to be a permanent change. So, I joined the gym, I've got the pedometer (with cash incentives for doing well) and now I'm going to make sure I use the gym! Uuugghhh - I did not meet this one and I'm not even making excuses anymore. BUT, I'm not letting myself off that easy and I will be making it a June goal - I just cannot continue to lug around an extra 30lbs anymore.
5. Transition Addie's closet to summer - As much as it breaks my heart to pack away anything knowing that she will never wear it again, those fleece sleep n' plays have no business in her closet! They are way too hot for our house as the weather warms up and I need the hangers for all of her summer stuff:) Consider it transitioned - all of the old and cold stuff has been put away -tear.
I'll be back this afternoon with all of my June goals :) Posting these has really helped hold me accountable so thanks for all of the encouragement and bearing with me through these posts:)