Monday, June 6, 2011

What half a million+ will buy you in Va Beach...

Ever wondered what half a million + will buy you in Virginia Beach...no probably not, but I figured I'd share anyhow.  I have always loved the HGTV shows that spotlight different parts of the country and show what various price points will buy you in various cities...so I'm taking a spin on that from my hometown.  This week was Homearama week, which is an event held by the local builders association in a new neighborhood that showcases new homes.  The price point for these was around $550k upwards to around $750k.  And no, in case you're wondering, these homes are NOT on the beach - they are actually about 15 minutes away.  No golf course, either...just suburbia.  The hubs and I both found our dream home...too bad it wasn't the same house...but never the less we got some wonderful home inspiration.  I thought I'd share some pictures we took while touring through the homes...

My favorite exterior - but I wasn't thrilled with the interior:
Photobucket
My favorite home in the show - the exterior wasn't a show stopper but it grew on me and I LOVED the interior - like if I had $675k, I would buy this house:
Photobucket
unassuming exterior
Photobucket
from the front door - love the openness
Photobucket
custom kitchen
Photobucket
master suite - this picture does NOT do it justice
Photobucket
entrance to shower on both the his and hers side 
Photobucket
I could call this home...
And now for the hub's favorite...
Photobucket
exterior - we would remove the flags
Photobucket
from the entrance - sunk in living space to left
Photobucket
beautiful stone fireplace
Photobucket
kitchen
Photobucket
bar in "bonus room"
Photobucket
master bedroom
Photobucket
look closely - the tub fills from the ceiling
We also got tons of neat ideas and inspiration from other things we saw in the homes. Here are just a few more pics of some things I just loved!!
Photobucket
love the curved staircase entrance
Photobucket
love this for wall art
Photobucket
love this fire pit idea
Photobucket
no more need for ugly concrete gutter stops
And...one of the neatest ideas we saw - see the door in picture 1 on the exterior of the house. Yes, that is the door to the little bathroom in picture 2. How perfect - no more wet feet from the pool to the inside of the house to use the bathroom!!
Photobucket
picture 1
Photobucket
picture 2
And...congratulations if you've made it this far. Sorry for ALL the pictures but I hope you found maybe even an ounce of inspiration or got a laugh out of how little or how much things cost around here...I know, everything's relative!
J

13 comments:

Samantha said...

OMG LOVE them! We are going to be house hunting soon... and although our budget is not quite that high, lol, I am soooo looking forward to seeing some pretty and out of price range houses!

Natalie said...

Those are some great houses! I know the husband and I are always looking at houses and saying what we would do if we had a bigger house or if we were to build one. It's so hard to find one that has everything you like or even in your price range!

KVH said...

I just love the white kitchen cabinets! So clean and so pretty.

Unknown said...

Where is Homearama this year? Last one I went to was in East Beach & I totally filled my cameras SD card with photos! LOL

I LOVE the brick homes, but I'm with your hubs on his pick. I love the Colonial look of the home!!

Melissa at Tall Blonde Blog said...

AMAZING! I love the openness of the first house and the master (and tub) of the second. May have to try the gutter spout idea.
Thanks for sharing!

Sara said...

Oh, those house are all so pretty. Really? I would move into any of them. I mostly just want the kitchens!!

Beach Bum & Baby said...

Am I crazy that I really like S's pick? And you know what... i love the flag bunting. LOVE it. I have always wanted a porch to do that with during the (patriotic) holidays!!

And LOVE the bathroom thats "outside" I was always in HUGE trouble as a kid for dragging my wet feet through the house from the pool!! :)

How is our weekend over. SADZ.

Did any of the pics turn out from the other night? I can't wait to see em!

Joeylee said...

those are great houses. I love the exterior of the first house. In CA houses that look like that are close to a million dollars!

Tami said...

I love anything real estate related! I could look at houses all day. The pics are gorgeous!

Jen Watts said...

I love HGTV!! I agree with you.. The interior is more important than the exterior.

Jennifer S. said...

Beautiful homes! Oh how the other half lives! Would be nice :) Thanks for sharing!

Tara said...

I love these! Thanks for sharing, it's nice to dream :)

Sabrina Marie said...

This post reminds me of boyfriend and I. We love model home looking. Those photos are really cool. The houses are to die for. I like houses that offer something different. It seems like where I live all of the new neighborhoods are turning into cookie cutter houses.

looking forward to following :-)
xoxo

www.accordingtosabrina.blogspot.com