Monday, July 23, 2012

for the love of Trader Joes...part II

In case you missed my first post about some of my favorite finds at Trader Joes...you can check it out here.  My love for Trader Joes and the products they carry runs deep.  We make a weekly trek out to our closest store, which is only about 20 minutes away, to pick up what we'll need to get through the week.  I must admit - when I first started shopping at Trader Joes...it was more of a specialty store where I picked up a few unique things that I had trouble finding other places but today we do 85% of our grocery shopping here with the other 10% coming from the Farmers Market and the other 5% coming from other grocery stores.  So...I wanted to share some more of my favorites...

IMG_7560

1.  Sara Bee Wine - Let's talk about tasty....basically this tastes exactly like some scrumptious mix of fruit juices and its perfect for summer.  It's also a great wine to start with if you aren't a big wine drinker...and at $5.99 a bottle...you can't have a cheaper night:)

2.  Taco Seasoning Mix - This mix is awesome but beware its much hotter than your normal taco mix.  It's got an amazing flavor for a pre-packaged seasoning and we love it on just about anything "Mexican" we make in our home

3.  Family Style Meat Lasagna - You can find this little gem in the frozen aisle section and I always have one on hand for those nights when I just don't have time to make anything.  It's much better than other brands we have tried and everyone in my house gives it a thumbs up!!

4.  Green Tea Soap - Ok...so the hubs and I totally suffer from dry skin - especially in the winter when the air gets super dry.  I've tried all the name brands...olay, dove, bath & body works, etc. and have never been able to find something that doesn't stop my skin from drying out.  So you can imagine my surprise and delight when my hubs picked this up and started using it while I was traveling for business and raved about how much better his skin felt.  I made the switch as soon as I got home and have been in love ever since!!!

5.  Five Seed Almond Bars - They don't look particularly appetizing but they have wonderful flavor and are packed full of great seeds, nuts, and fiber.  Addie loves these for snacks and I like to take them in the mornings for breakfast as I dart out the door to work.

I'd love to hear what you guys crave from Trader Joes...and if you don't have one yet - I've got my fingers crossed they bring one close to you soon!!!

6 comments:

Natalie said...

I'm excited for ours to be finished...and will get some tips from you!

Megan said...

Their taco seasoning is AMAZING!!!!!! I must try that moscato! I love me some traderjoes!

Kat said...

I wish our TJ wasn't about 45 minutes away - so frustrating! How do we get them to open a new location by me?

Laura said...

I Love Trader Joe's!! I love their 2 buck chuck wine & was SO SAD when I moved to Nashville & found out they can't sell wine. I stock up when I am in Atlanta! I love their frozen enchiladas, frozen orange chicken, & their frozen fried rice. Those are my staples! I need to try the lasagna!

Brittany said...

so jealous!! I miss trader joes! They dont have anything like that here in arkansas! I used to love that place in CA!

Beach Bum & Baby said...

SARA BEEEEEEE!!! I want some like right now!!!

I need to try those almond bars still!! :)