First you'll need these few things:
* 2-3 chicken breasts
* Can of cream of chicken soup (plain or with herbs works great)
* 1 stick of butter
* 2 cups of shredded swiss cheese
* 1 box of chicken stuffing (I'm a fan of Stove Top)
|in case the visual is easier|
* Preheat your oven to 350
* Cut the chicken breasts into strips (or maybe just be smarter than me and buy tenderloins to start with) and layer on the bottom of the baking dish (I use a 9x9 stoneware baking dish)
* In a separate bowl, empty the cream of chicken soup and then re-fill can with milk and add to the bowl. Mix with a wisk until well combined.
* Pour mixture over chicken
* Layer shredded swiss cheese over chicken mixture
* In a separate bowl, melt butter and then add stuffing to the bowl and mix together until stuffing is well coated.
* Place stuffing mixture on top of cheese
* Cover pan with aluminum foil and bake for 45 minutes or until chicken is cooked through
* Remove aluminum foil and bake uncovered for 10 more minutes to crisp up the stuffing
* Let cool for about 5 minutes and serve!!
|the finished product - pure delight|