Thursday, October 6, 2011

Addie's 12 month update

Photobucket
strolling around the zoo
Thanks to everyone for all of your sweet birthday wishes to my baby girl!!!  I am struggling to say the words "my little girl is 1"...i just want to say "12 months" or "a little over 11 months..." but the truth is we are no longer counting months!!  Anyhow...enough of my pity party - here is everything my busy girl has been up to over the last month!

What she's wearing - Addie is wearing all 6-12, 9 month, and/or 12 month outfits - with this cooler weather finally making an appearance she has been really leaning more towards almost all 12 month outfits but can still fit in alot of her smaller stuff.  Her cloth diapers are still on the second set of snaps and she is still doing well without extra liners at night.

Eats
 - With her first birthday came the transition to whole milk and we made the move from bottle to sippy cup!!!  She seems to be really enjoying it and was a little gassy on the first day of the change but seems to be fine now.  We've added grapes and a lot more finger foods to her diet.  She does enjoy playing with her food when she's not hungry which creates quite a mess but she's learning!

Photobucket
playing with Diesel through the screen
Moves - Addie is almost a full blown walker these days.  She still crawls from time to time but this last week has really started to walk whenever she wants to get somewhere.  I still can't believe how quickly this all happened!

Teeth coming in and more to say - Addie has added another tooth on the bottom and another on the top (both on the left side).  She still absolutely loves to chat it up but is starting to get a little shy around new people and has really become pretty clingy lately.  She will now point to the dogs and say "doh" and she calls the cat "ki-ki."  It really means so much to me to see her enjoy our furbabies as much as she does!!

Out and about
 - We took Addie to the zoo for the first time this month and she had a blast.  She really enjoyed the bears and beavers...and by all accounts thought the tigers were pretty cool too!!  We will definitely be going back soon...especially before the cold weather cuts my fall short!  Addie also attended her first Old Dominion University (ODU) football game - which is ironic considering I went into labor with Addie at an ODU football game!  She wasn't all that impressed but like her momma...enjoyed the tailgate the most!


Photobucket
the bear was a big hit!

I'm working on the first birthday post so I can share all of the deets of Addie's big day....and I also wanted to share Addie's stats from her doctor's check-up this week!
Height: 31 inches
Weight: 20.0 pounds

9 comments:

Natalie said...

I know it will be weird for me to just say 1 year...my mom brain can't even handle that thought right now. Sounds like she is a big girl now with walking and talking :)

Joeylee said...

what a big girl! sounds like she is doing awesome. I think Keira might be walking by her birthday she is starting to let go to stand alone and I can tell she wants to walk but is afraid. Addie is adorable

LOVE MELISSA:) said...

Hi there. I found you from Natalie's blog and now following you! happy bday baby girl! Such a great age! Love your blog and look forward to visiting me. If you would like, I would love the follow at www.the-mommyhood-chronicles.com

Tami said...

She's such a little sweetheart! I bet she keeps you on your toes with all of that walking. I can't wait to read all about her birthday party. I know it was fabulous!

Our Happy Married Life... said...

i love that first picture of her!!! happy birthday to your baby girl!!!

Brittney said...

So random that we have a real life connection - Happy Birthday to Addie!

Hopefully we can get all the babies together again as they all slowly hit their first birthday!

Anonymous said...

love that first pic of her!!! and the one with her playing with diesel is super special! happy bday again addie!

Beach Bum & Baby said...

I remember that chilly day in October when we had Barbara watch Trey for the first time so we could rush up to the hospital and meet Addie!! In some ways it feels like yesterday and in many others it feels like 100 years ago. We have ALL grown so much since then!! She is so big now J!! And smart and fun!! :)

You and S made it!!! You made it through the first year - and did an awesome job (IMHO!!) :) xoxo

p.s. Dying over her face in the Zoo pic - adorable!

Samantha said...

Isn't it just so hard to not think of them as babies anymore?!?!? Aaahh! Gwen is the same way with food when she isn't hungry... sometimes she even pick it up, starts to put it in her mouth and then throws it on the ground! lol! Glad her appt went well :)