Monday, October 17, 2011

Fall favorites...

This post may be a month late but the on and off cool/hot weather has really messed with my mental seasonality this year.  I've got a leaf wreath on my front door but Addie's closet is still flanked with tank tops and sun dresses....a slight contradiction.  Anyhow, after visiting the pumpkin patch this weekend and letting my favorite fall candle burn, I think I've finally settled on the fact that fall is here....

I thought I'd share some of my favorite fall things and would love for y'all to share your favorites...

Pumpkins - Orange isn't my favorite color any other time of year but when fall rolls around I can't seem to get enough of it.  I blame it on my extreme love for anything pumpkin....decorations, smells, food, on clothing...anywhere and everywhere...decorated or not...i can't get enough.

Fire pits - There is something romantic about an evening spent with good friends under the stars gathered around a fire pit.  A glass of wine and some s'mores make it even better...

Autumn Air - I love summer...I really do, but the humidity around here is insane and my wavy/curly mess of hair gets quite confused and I end up with perfectly straightened hair in the morning and a frizzy mess by afternoon.  So not only does the cooler air help motivate me to get out and do stuff it also really helps me in the hair department...which is kind of a big deal to me

Fall candles - I love the smell of fall candles and September - December is when I do the bulk of my candle burning.  Something about it just seems right...and I find Yankee Candle's Harvest and Autumn Leaves to be especially dreamy...

I pretty much love everything about fall...I must admit other than its proximity to winter (which I only enjoy if it is snowing) there is simply nothing about fall I don't enjoy....

Photobucket
our trip to the pumpkin patch

15 comments:

Our Happy Married Life... said...

Shes so cute! I love her outfit!!!

Lucy The Valiant said...

Yes to all of these! And I loooove that pumpkin shirt she has on!!

KVH said...

Loove her outfit! So cute.

Cajun Cowgirl said...

This reminds me. I need Fall candles STAT!

Melissa at Tall Blonde Blog said...

I'm such a fall candle girl too! Just bought a new one this weekend - Sweet Pumpkin something from Bath and Body! Their candles are the best! This weather is so bizarre, but I think it's officially fall this week. Oh and Addie's pumpkin patch outfit is FANTASTIC!

Samantha said...

I am right there with you! I am sooo happy that fall if finally here, even though it was 80 degrees out 2 weeks ago. lol. Addie's outfit is adorable!! And so is she :)

Joeylee said...

I love fall too. Addie's outfit is so cute!

Laura @ My Thoughts-Uninterrupted said...

I really need to get some fall scents for our house! I've still got my summer potpourri out! Oops!

Natalie said...

We went to a pumpkin patch too this weekend! I love all those things about fall you just mentioned. I am like Laura and need to get some fall scents for my house too...or before I bling fall will be gone!

Jenna said...

I love all these things as well!! Just add Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate to the list and it would be perfect, hahaha!

Anonymous said...

I couldnt agree more with your post-love fall!

Brittney said...

I am obsessed with orange in the fall - and then not so much the rest of the year!

Addie's outfit is super cute - I love the pumpkin!

Mrs EyeCanSee said...

Fall has some of my favorite scents for sure! Just changed out my Wallflowers for "Leaves" and "Creamy Pumpkin." I'm in heaven, my house smells so good!

Also a fan of the cooler air, it's like a 180 for my curls!

And Addie's pants? Seriously cutest thing ever!! She's such a cutie!

Kelli Kegley said...

Ahhh Addie is too cute! She is going to be a little heartbreaker with those long eyelashes and beautiful skin!

I love everything about fall, too! Loooooooove anything pumpkin related. Would enjoy some cooler weather, too, but also know I'll miss this nice weather once it gets here. ive got a pumpkin cookie recipe to die for. I'll email it to you!

Naturally Caffeinated Family said...

awww, soo cute! fun post, there are so many things I love about fall too! such a great time of year! :)