Monday, August 20, 2012

show & tell

Joining in on a brand new link-up hosted by none other than the adorable, fun-loving, and hysterical Becky from Mrs. to Mama for show & tell...this week being all things home.

1.  If you were searching for a home now, tell me what would be on your "must" list.  That's a pretty long list these days...after buying our current fixer upper and doing so much to it...I simply can't imagine starting over in our next home SO, i really really want to buy something that I absolutely love and has everything i want (yea, probably not going to happen unless we build).  But...my top 5 would be:

     1.  Gourmet kitchen - nice appliances, great cabinet space, solid surface counters, and one of those auto hot-water faucets above the stove would be really nice too.

    
 2.  Screen porch - I dont really do bugs...and mosquitos love me....which makes life outside difficult during the summer but i love being outside.  the screen porch is a total haven for me...i love drinking coffee and reading a book on ours and really can't imagine not having one in our next house

     
3.  Walk-in attic space - I know it sounds kind of silly that this would make my top 5...but I cannot even begin to count the number of times totes have piled up in my house because it is such a pain to get into our attic.  I'd love to have attic space off a FROG or in the second story that I could just walk into and stow away our stuff!!
    
 4.  Open floor plan - We love to entertain and having an open floor plan just makes this so much more feasible.  I can't stand wasted space in homes and I think having a floor plan that's very open totally helps to minimize that issue.

     
    5.  Nice yard size - This is totally a must....room to run (for us and the dogs).  I also love to garden and plant flowers so space...we need space!

2.  Show me your favorite room in a home.  As for my favorite room in a home...I'm still giddy excited over our kitchen remodel we just completed.  You can go here to get all of the juicy details and here's a pic of the finished project!

Photobucket

3.  If you could have any room redone, tell me which one it would be and what you would like done.  I have to be honest here...the hubs and I bought a fixer-upper 5 years ago and have been remodeling it over the last 5 years...the kitchen remodel was really our last big project but our master bedroom could still use some re-doing.  I bought new bedding and repainted when we had our floors refinished as part of the kitchen remodel but it just lacks something.  I think it needs more decoration...it's just so plain.  So..while there isn't anything huge I want done...I'd love to spice it up a bit!

4.  Tell me where your favorite stores are to shop for home decor.  Lately, I have been completely loving this little shop in Virginia Beach called Chartreuse.  It's totally vintage and I just love all of the fun things they find and spruce up.  We are in the midst of putting together Addie's big girl room and I've been able to find so many fun things here.  I also love Home Goods for discount home decor, overstock for rugs, and pottery barn and restoration hardware for everything else.

5.  Show me your dream home.  Gosh...so hard to pick.  Some days I find myself longing for a home in the country with a huge garden, beautiful farm house, and lots of land.  Other days I just want a bigger home close to where we currently live in the 'burbs.  Anyhow, here's a house I found that I just can't get enough of (y'all look at those porches...amazing):


11 comments:

Between the Bind said...

I love ALL of the above! Beautiful kitchen remodel. :) I completely agree with you about the screened in porch - I am a bug magnet and need that screen (even if hubs says it'll mess with the view). Whatevs. ;)

Come check out my dream home!

Mrs. Mama said...

we definitely have the same taste woman... i want that kitchen and that gorgeous home. look at those balconies! ah!

Lindsay @ la vita dolce said...

LOVE THAT HOME!! Oh my word! It is gorgeous!! :)
found you thru Becky's link up :)

Andrea @ The Dawley Fam said...

LOVE it! We definitely have the same taste!

Unknown said...

That bottom kitchen is perfect! I would love for mine to look like that!!

www.mommymandymusings.com

Joeylee said...

I love your kitchen, its amazing!!! and that dream home is awesome, with those balconies and big pourch.

Tiffany said...

I'm coming over from the link up and I love your kitchen! You guys have done an amazing job! I also love your blog!

Melissa at Tall Blonde Blog said...

Wow! Great home! I could live there :)

undomestic mama said...

Can I come live in that house with you? It's amazing! And your kitchen looks wonderful, I'd spend all day in there (not cooking) if it were my kitchen.

Cajun Cowgirl said...

Must say it again--your home/kitchen is so lovely!

But that screened in porch--I need that!

Mrs. Pancakes said...

These are just gorgeous!!