Monday, April 4, 2011

6 months ago...

Wow..it's so hard to believe that 6 months ago I was welcoming my daughter into the world.  It seems like time has flown by but I also feel like she's been here forever - like I can't imagine what my life was like before her.  We celebrated her 6 month birthday with family and close friends and a small informal cook-out.  I've included some pictures below and also thought I'd write about all of the developments that occurred during the last month or so!

What she's wearing - Addie is wearing mainly 3-6 month clothing still with a few outfits in the 6-9 month range also thrown in from time to time.  Her cloth diapers are on the second set of snaps and she is still doing well without extra liners at night.


Eats - Addie is eating about 4 - 6 oz. bottles a day and still nursing for her first feed in the morning.  I pump during the day but am finding that my supply is not completely keeping up with her demand so some days we are supplementing with a bottle of formula.  She is also eating one meal of solids a day.  This month I introduced her to peas, apples, pears, and bananas  (we had already done sweet potatoes, pumpkin, winter squash, carrots, and rice cereal).  Addie grabs for everything on my plate as well as whatever I'm drinking so its a constant game with her and keeping things out of her reach!

Moves - No crawling yet, but she has gotten really good at the "waterbug" move on her stomach and she is starting to draw her knees up under her stomach.  She rolls all over the place which has made for lots of fun when it comes time to change diapers and outfits.  Addie also adores spending time in her johhny jump-up and her exersauser.

Gummy grins - Addie absolutely adores her daddy and it is so cute to seem them play together.  She loves playing with her toys (she really loves her play laptop and the Einstein bendy ball) and stuffed animals (including the must have dog, Violet).  Our 2 furbabies are also a favorite of hers as she is constantly trying to reach and pet them.  She loves to watch them play and run around - it melts my heart to see her love our pups as much as we do.


Out and about - We didn't go anywhere new this month per se, but we did take Addie out and around the neighborhood in her umbrella stroller, riding big girl style, for the first time this month.  She loved it and crashed out about 5 minutes in.  S and I are loving the umbrella stroller because its so much easier to take places than the big jogging stroller we also have that seems to weigh a ton and takes up alot of trunk space.

Counting sheep - Addie sleeps great at night!  We usually put her down around 8pm and she usually gets up around 6:30ish with only a few wakes in between for her paci.  We are so incredibly thankful for her sleeping through the night - it certainly makes everyone alot happier!

I can't wait to see what this month will bring and am looking forward to her check-up with the pediatrician this morning (minus the shots which break my heart every time) to see what all of her stats are and hopefully get the green light to start puffs!  I love my little girl to pieces and am so thankful for every minute that I get to spend with her :)

J
T, Trey, and Addie at her 6 month party

1 comment:

Natalie said...

We have a Maclaren lightweight stroller too! I am about to break it out. Aww 6 months...they grow so fast!