Thursday, September 6, 2012

and we're back....

not that anyone knew we were gone...BUT, we spent the last half of last week in Iowa celebrating my grampie's life and enjoying all of the wonderful memories the years held.  We were wheels down on the ground in Norfolk at about midnight on Friday and woke early Saturday to take a much needed 3 day hiatus in the Outer Banks...toes in the sand and a pina colada in my hand was just what we needed.  I've got tons of pictures I can't wait to share, a few toddler travel tidbits, and hopefully a little blog sale of some of Addie's stuff planned soon!!!  Gotta love these 4 day work weeks!!!

7 comments:

Samantha said...

Again, I am so sorry for your loss. My hope is that the great memories help heal your heart.

Can't wait to see pics from your weekend trip.

Thinking of you. xo

Kat said...

Welcome back!

Perfectly Imperfect said...

i'm so sorry for the reason for the trip, but glad it gave you some time away. welcome home!

Natalie said...

Glad you had a safe trip...sorry for the reason but hope you are doing ok!

Our Happy Married Life... said...

sorry for your loss but glad you were able to enjoy some time at the beach. We are flying in to Norfolk at the end of the month and traveling to the outer banks for a weeks vacation with my husbands family. I CAN NOT WAIT. This momma needs a vacation. Any travel/outer banks tips are welcomed! :)

Cajun Cowgirl said...

So sorry for your loss but what a beautiful way to celebrate the life he led. Something tells me that your grampie was smiling down on y'all the whole time. Can't wait to see pics.

Naturally Caffeinated Family said...

I am so sorry for your loss and I am glad that you had a wonderful trip and celebration. Welcome back!